Sovran Self Storage, Inc. (NYSE:SSS), a self storage real estate investment trust (REIT), announced today the acquisition of 14 self storage facilities and management contracts for two unaffiliated properties.
The newly purchased properties include six self storage facilities in Chicago, IL; four in Southwest Florida; three in Austin, TX; and one in Phoenix, AZ. The stores were acquired via six separate transactions and were funded through advances on the Company’s line of credit.
The properties total 960,000 square feet and complement the Company’s existing portfolio as all are located in markets in which the Company already has a presence. “We had a very busy December closing these transactions, and we are thrilled to bring 14 additional high quality stores into our fold,” said David Rogers, Chief Executive Officer. “We’re especially pleased to have increased our scale and visibility in the Chicago market.”
During 2012, the Company acquired a total of 28 stores for its own portfolio at a cost of $190 million. It also added 17 properties via its Uncle Bob’s Management platform.Each of the storage facilities will be rebranded under the Uncle Bob’s Self Storage ® name and fully integrated into the Company’s operating platforms. About Sovran Self Storage, Inc. Sovran Self Storage, Inc. is a self-administered and self-managed equity REIT that is in the business of acquiring and managing self storage facilities. The Company operates 462 self storage facilities in 25 states under the name “Uncle Bob’s Self Storage” ®. For more information visit www.unclebobs.com, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV