Mr. van Paasschen, added: “Our owners are uniquely positioned to benefit from Starwood’s global presence, scale, powerful systems and strong, growing base of loyal customers around the world. As part of our balanced approach to development, we are also seeing significant opportunities in established markets where conversion momentum continues, and record low supply and growing demand are driving growth.”
Starwood continues to build on its established presence in mature markets and to see strong interest in conversions for growth in developed markets such as North America. The company expects to see increased conversion momentum in 2013 in Asia Pacific, Latin America and Europe.
Starwood to Lengthen Luxury Lead in 2013
Starwood continues to lengthen its lead in the luxury space with over 150 properties in its luxury portfolio under the St. Regis, Luxury Collection and W Hotels brands, and remains uniquely positioned to capitalize on the increasing number of people around the world developing the means and appetite for luxury travel. Over the past five years, Starwood nearly doubled its global luxury footprint. Fifteen percent of Starwood’s pipeline of new hotels are in its luxury portfolio, including an impressive pipeline in Asia Pacific and many conversion opportunities that exist around the world as independent, boutique hotels look to benefit as part of the Starwood system.In 2013, Starwood will celebrate the opening of The St. Regis Abu Dhabi and the re-openings of two luxury icons and members of the Luxury Collection, the Gritti Palace and Prince de Galles, after significant, multi-million dollar restorations. New openings for the Luxury Collection include: The Castle Hotel, Dalian (China); Vana Belle, Koh Samui (Thailand); and Palacio del Inka (Peru). Starwood will open its first W Hotel in mainland China with W Guangzhou and the first W alpine ski resort with W Verbier (Switzerland).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV