DALLAS, Jan. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Summit Midstream Partners, LLC ("Summit Investments") announced today that it has executed a definitive agreement with affiliates of GSO Capital Partners LP and Bear Tracker Investments, LLC to acquire 100% of the equity interests of Bear Tracker Energy, LLC ("Bear Tracker") for $513 million. Bear Tracker is a privately held midstream energy company with assets currently in service and under development in the Williston Basin in North Dakota, which includes the Bakken shale and Three Forks formation, and in the Denver- Julesburg ("DJ") Basin in Colorado, which includes the Niobrara shale. The transaction is expected to close during the first quarter of 2013, subject to customary regulatory approvals, closing conditions and adjustments.
Bear Tracker owns, operates and is developing various natural gas gathering and processing assets along with crude oil and water gathering assets to serve its exploration and production customers in Mountrail, Burke, Williams and Divide counties in North Dakota and in Weld County, Colorado. Bear Tracker performs gathering, compression, treating, processing and marketing services under long-term, primarily fee-based, gathering agreements with some of the most active producers operating in the Williston and DJ Basins. Substantially all of these agreements include long-term acreage dedications and many contain long-term minimum volume commitments. The existing Bear Tracker contracts have an average remaining life of 11.5 years.
Steve Newby, President and Chief Executive Officer of Summit Investments commented, "The Bear Tracker acquisition is transformational for Summit and significantly diversifies our business from a customer, geographic, and commodity standpoint while maintaining our focus on providing fee-based midstream services under long-term contracts. This acquisition provides us with a significant presence in two of the most prolific and highest growth unconventional crude oil basins in North America, and creates a platform from which to pursue the development of currently planned and future natural gas and crude oil midstream infrastructure growth projects. The acquisition also fulfills our strategic goals of diversifying the commodities we handle and the services we provide while also expanding our geographic footprint. These are objectives that we have consistently communicated to the market and are now delivering."The Bear Tracker assets are comprised of four distinct operating systems in various stages of operations and development and include:
- Mountrail Gas Gathering System – a 271-mile associated natural gas gathering system in Mountrail and Burke counties in North Dakota. The system gathers natural gas production under long-term, primarily fee-based, contracts with multiple producers. Associated natural gas and condensate liquids are gathered, compressed and discharged to pipelines serving the Aux Sable Conditioning Plant in Palermo, North Dakota. The Mountrail Gas Gathering System is substantially complete.
- Polar Oil & Water Gathering System – a 50-mile crude oil gathering system and 35-mile water gathering system currently under construction in Williams County, North Dakota. The Polar Oil & Water Gathering System is designed to gather 50,000 barrels of crude oil per day under a long-term, fee-based gathering agreement with a producer. Crude oil gathered on the system will be transported to the COLT Hub Terminal in Epping, North Dakota. Development of the Polar Oil & Water Gathering System is underway.
- Divide Oil Gathering System – an 86-mile crude oil gathering system located in Divide County, North Dakota. The Divide Oil Gathering System is designed to gather 34,000 barrels of crude oil per day under a long-term, fee-based gathering agreement with a producer. Crude oil gathered on the system will be transported to the COLT Hub Terminal in Epping, North Dakota. Development of the Divide Oil Gathering System is underway.
- Niobrara Gas Gathering System – an 84-mile associated natural gas gathering system, including a 20 MMcf/d cryogenic processing plant, serving a producer's associated natural gas production in Weld County, Colorado. Development of the Niobrara Gas Gathering System is underpinned by a long-term, fee-based gathering agreement, with minimum volume commitments, and the system will interconnect with Colorado Interstate Gas and Overland Pass Pipeline. Development of the Niobrara Gas Gathering System is underway.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV