Panasonic, an industry leader in rugged, reliable mobile computers since 1996, today expanded its Toughpad™ line of enterprise-grade tablets with the introduction of the Toughpad™ FZ-G1, a 10” tablet featuring Windows® 8 Pro, and the availability of the Toughpad JT-B1, a 7” Android™-powered unit. Both devices follow the original 10” Android-powered Toughpad FZ-A1 which became broadly available late last year. With the Toughpad (#Toughpad) family of ruggedized tablets, businesses and government institutions have a single partner delivering a selection of highly reliable and purpose-built devices ideal for numerous operational needs.
“For nearly 20 years, Panasonic has engineered the most reliable mobile computing devices on the market,” said Rance M. Poehler, president, Panasonic System Communications Company of North America. “Because our customers know they can count on our products to deliver performance and return on investment, Panasonic – through its Toughbook brand – holds nearly 80 percent market share in the rugged mobile device space. We believe our engineering acumen, vertical market expertise and reputation for reliability, backed by our world-class service, will result in the Toughpad family being the leading B2B tablet solution in the coming years.”
Hide Harada, Director, IT Products Business Unit added, “The goal for Panasonic is to achieve 50% market share in the ruggedized tablet space by 2015.”
Toughpad tablets are designed for mission-critical and highly mobile workers in fields such as the military, construction, healthcare, public safety, utilities, retail, maintenance, supply chain logistics and insurance. The devices are ideal for a host of usage scenarios, including inventory control, eForms, field sales, field service, route delivery, eCitations, electronic medical records, inspections, mobile point-of-sales and GIS.
Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1: Key Features
Panasonic Toughpad JT-B1: Key Features
- Operating System: Windows 8 Pro
- Processor: 3 rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3437U vPro™ 1.9GHz up to 2.9GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
- Memory: 128-256GB SSD, 4-8GB RAM, optional micro SDXC
- Rugged: MIL-STD-810G, 4’ drop, IP65, 14° to 122°F (operational temp range)
- Display: 10.1”, sunlight viewable, touch screen and active digitizer, 800nit, WUXGA (1920x1200)
- Battery: 8.0 hours (user-replaceable)
- Dimensions: 10.6” x 7.4” x 0.75”
- Weight: 2.43lbs
- Wireless: Bluetooth V4.0, 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, optional embedded 4G LTE or 3G
- I/O: Full size USB 3.0, HDMI, optional micro SDXC, Full size USB 2.0, wired LAN, true serial port or dedicated GPS.
- Operating System: Android 4.0
- Processor: TI OMAP4460 1.5GHz Dual core
- Memory: 16GB ROM, 1GB RAM, micro SDHC
- Rugged: MIL-STD-810G, 5’ drop, IP65, 14° to 122°F (operational temp range)
- Display: 7”, daylight viewable, 500nit, WSVGA (1024 x 600)
- Camera: Front: 1.3Mp fixed focus, Rear: 13.0Mp auto focus w/ LED light
- Battery: 8.0 hours - Large 5,720mAh battery (user-replaceable)
- Dimensions: 8.7”x 5.1” x 0.7”
- Weight: 1.2lbs
- Wireless: Bluetooth V4.0, 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, optional embedded 4G LTE + 3G
- I/O: Micro USB
Toughpad tablets are MIL-STD-810G tested for drops, fluid ingress and temperature, to assure they deliver reliable performance under circumstances that render typical tablets non-operational. Devices feature daylight viewable screens, user-replaceable or serviceable batteries, a stylus for signature capture and handwriting (on the FZ-G1 and FZ-A1 with 3
party apps), and multiple options for peripheral connectivity.
“Our Toughpad tablets were designed based on years of input from customers,” continued Poehler. “This customer feedback is a critical part of the development process and will continue to shape Toughbook and Toughpad devices in the future. The wide variety of devices in the Toughbook and Toughpad families is a clear indication that we build products to meet our customers’ needs.”