Panasonic Expands Toughpad™ Enterprise-Grade Tablet Line
Panasonic, an industry leader in rugged, reliable mobile computers since 1996, today expanded its Toughpad™ line of enterprise-grade tablets with the introduction of the Toughpad™ FZ-G1, a 10” tablet featuring Windows® 8 Pro, and the availability of the Toughpad JT-B1, a 7” Android™-powered unit. Both devices follow the original 10” Android-powered Toughpad FZ-A1 which became broadly available late last year. With the Toughpad (#Toughpad) family of ruggedized tablets, businesses and government institutions have a single partner delivering a selection of highly reliable and purpose-built devices ideal for numerous operational needs.
“For nearly 20 years, Panasonic has engineered the most reliable mobile computing devices on the market,” said Rance M. Poehler, president, Panasonic System Communications Company of North America. “Because our customers know they can count on our products to deliver performance and return on investment, Panasonic – through its Toughbook brand – holds nearly 80 percent market share in the rugged mobile device space. We believe our engineering acumen, vertical market expertise and reputation for reliability, backed by our world-class service, will result in the Toughpad family being the leading B2B tablet solution in the coming years.”
Hide Harada, Director, IT Products Business Unit added, “The goal for Panasonic is to achieve 50% market share in the ruggedized tablet space by 2015.”
Toughpad tablets are designed for mission-critical and highly mobile workers in fields such as the military, construction, healthcare, public safety, utilities, retail, maintenance, supply chain logistics and insurance. The devices are ideal for a host of usage scenarios, including inventory control, eForms, field sales, field service, route delivery, eCitations, electronic medical records, inspections, mobile point-of-sales and GIS.Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1: Key Features
- Operating System: Windows 8 Pro
- Processor: 3 rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3437U vPro™ 1.9GHz up to 2.9GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
- Memory: 128-256GB SSD, 4-8GB RAM, optional micro SDXC
- Rugged: MIL-STD-810G, 4’ drop, IP65, 14° to 122°F (operational temp range)
- Display: 10.1”, sunlight viewable, touch screen and active digitizer, 800nit, WUXGA (1920x1200)
- Battery: 8.0 hours (user-replaceable)
- Dimensions: 10.6” x 7.4” x 0.75”
- Weight: 2.43lbs
- Wireless: Bluetooth V4.0, 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, optional embedded 4G LTE or 3G
- I/O: Full size USB 3.0, HDMI, optional micro SDXC, Full size USB 2.0, wired LAN, true serial port or dedicated GPS.
- Operating System: Android 4.0
- Processor: TI OMAP4460 1.5GHz Dual core
- Memory: 16GB ROM, 1GB RAM, micro SDHC
- Rugged: MIL-STD-810G, 5’ drop, IP65, 14° to 122°F (operational temp range)
- Display: 7”, daylight viewable, 500nit, WSVGA (1024 x 600)
- Camera: Front: 1.3Mp fixed focus, Rear: 13.0Mp auto focus w/ LED light
- Battery: 8.0 hours - Large 5,720mAh battery (user-replaceable)
- Dimensions: 8.7”x 5.1” x 0.7”
- Weight: 1.2lbs
- Wireless: Bluetooth V4.0, 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, optional embedded 4G LTE + 3G
- I/O: Micro USB
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV