Tangoe, Inc. (NASDAQ: TNGO), a leading global provider of Communications Lifecycle Management (CLM) software and related services, today announced the expansion of its Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution to include integrated mobile device containerization functionality. Tangoe’s mobile device containerization delivers a comprehensive smartphone and tablet solution addressing device usage, device and network access, and data and application security. This new, integrated functionality adds increased levels of support to enterprise mobility strategies by securing and managing devices and applications entering enterprise networks as a result of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) adoption.
“IT management is challenged to balance employee demands—which encompass BYOD access to enterprise resources via customized business applications, and real-time collaboration—while protecting corporate data, mitigating corporate mobility risks, and preventing unnecessary mobile costs,” said Al Subbloie, president, CEO, and founder of Tangoe. “Integrating containerization into the MDM solutions set, as well as offering it as a standalone solution, is another way we are helping enterprises create and carry out their mobility lifecycle strategies. We see this solution as having appeal not only in U.S. and Asian markets, but also in European markets where violations of data privacy rights of employees can result in significant fines. Containerization enables enterprises to effectively address employee data privacy concerns while still protecting corporate data and network security.”
Powered by Enterproid’s Divide™ platform, Tangoe’s mobile device containerization solution enables enterprise security and control of personal and corporate data on iOS and Android mobile devices without compromising personal freedom and privacy. Tangoe’s containerization solution reduces the challenges from security API fragmentation across mobile platforms. Its capabilities protect corporate workspaces by placing corporate data and software in secure, FIPS-validated “containers” on network mobile devices, allowing enterprises to manage their data and software without endangering employees’ personal contacts, photos, data, and applications. Tangoe MDM’s device containerization features address several demands of enterprise networks:
- Application control – Enterprises can prevent the download of unauthorized device applications and enforce the installation of and/or prevent removal of required and recommended applications by end-users. In addition, enterprise applications and data are protected within a 256-bit encryption secure device container.
- Data protection – IT managers have the ability to allow all corporate data to remain encrypted as well as prevent the deletion or sending of data by end-users.
Tangoe’s mobile device containerization is well-suited for enterprises seeking a secure BYOD device management solution with multiple user benefits, including:
- Separation of work and personal mobile device personalities on a single device
- Freedom to choose device types and operating systems
- Increased privacy, including restrictions on the ability of IT administrators to access personal data and applications that reside on a networked device