MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Jan. 9, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LinkedIn, the world's largest professional network on the Internet, announced today that it has reached 200 million members. New members continue to join LinkedIn at a rate of two per second. The company has added more than 13 million members since its last announcement on November 1, 2012.
Since reaching 100 million members in March 2011, LinkedIn has added 13 new languages, making the site available in 19 languages. Today, LinkedIn counts more than 160 million unique monthly visitors and is the 23rd most visited Web property in the world.* Currently, more than 64% of LinkedIn members are located outside the United States. In a blog post (blog.linkedin.com) about the milestone, LinkedIn's SVP of product & user experience, Deep Nishar, reflects on how the professional network has grown to 200 million members in over 200 countries and territories, and plans for continued growth in the future.
Notes to the Editor*According to comScore for the month of November 2012 (including SlideShare) About LinkedIn Founded in 2003, LinkedIn connects the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful. With 200 million members worldwide, including executives from every Fortune 500 company, LinkedIn is the world's largest professional network on the Internet. The company has a diversified business model with revenues coming from its talent solutions, marketing solutions and premium subscriptions businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, LinkedIn has offices across the globe. The LinkedIn logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=11096
CONTACT: Press Contact email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV