Captain Kurt Carlsen's Life Story Revealed For The First Time In New E-Book "Flying Enterprise & Kurt Carlsen"
SVENDBORG, Denmark, Jan. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Although it's six decades ago that the Flying Enterprise drama in the Atlantic took place, the World War II legend of Captain Kurt Carlsen still lives. Now author Bjarne Bekker has brought the historical event to life in his new book, "Flying Enterprise & Kurt Carlsen", which is available in e-book form here: http://flying-enterprise.øavisen.dk/1069-take-a-look-in-the-book.html.
January 10 marks the 61 st anniversary of the sinking of the Flying Enterprise, captained by Kurt Carlsen. On board the ship was five tons zirconium meant for Nautilus I - the first submarine that should be driven by nuclear energy. For 13 days and nights, Kurt Carlsen kept the whole world occupied, making him one of the world's first media darlings.
In a personal account from his meetings with Kurt Carlsen, author Bjarne Bekker tells for the first time the complete story of the famous seaman for the very first time. After two decades of research, Bjarne Bekker has found hundreds of authentic pictures from private collections and 8 mm private films with Captain Carlsen in Denmark and New Jersey in 1952.
Many personal interviews with people from Hanoi, South Africa, Ireland, the U.S. and Denmark together with Carlsen's own personal story give a hitherto unknown insight into the shipwreck and Carlsen as convoy leader for US Navy in the North Atlantic under WWII.Lastly, the book relates the story of Kurt Carlsen's final, singular voyage, when the captain's ashes were to be spread in the English Channel in 1990 -- but because of another hurricane, his ashes sailed via Japan for two months in a safety box at another Danish ship, ''Jutlandia.'' Photos:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV