TULSA, Okla., Jan. 9, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Rose Rock Midstream, L.P. (NYSE:RRMS) and SemGroup ® Corporation (NYSE:SEMG) (SemGroup) announced today that Rose Rock Midstream has agreed to acquire a 33.3 percent interest in SemCrude Pipeline, L.L.C., which owns 51 percent of the White Cliffs Pipeline, from SemGroup for $273.9 million. Following the acquisition, Rose Rock Midstream will effectively own 17 percent of White Cliffs Pipeline.
The White Cliffs Pipeline is a 527-mile common carrier, crude oil pipeline system that originates in Colorado and terminates in Cushing, Oklahoma. It has a current capacity of 70,000 barrels per day and has announced an expansion project for an additional 80,000 barrels per day resulting in total capacity of 150,000 barrels per day. This expansion is expected to be completed in the first half of 2014.
"We are excited to announce our first drop down transaction for Rose Rock Midstream, which will be immediately accretive to the partnership's common unit holders," said Norm Szydlowski, president and CEO of Rose Rock Midstream. "This acquisition supports our strategic plan and is complementary to our existing crude-based business. The White Cliffs Pipeline is a very strategic asset and the only pipeline that directly transports crude oil from the DJ Basin to Cushing, OK."The acquisition, which is expected to close by January 14, 2013, will be immediately accretive to distributable cash flow on a per unit basis and will be funded with approximately:
- $130.3 million of cash borrowings under Rose Rock Midstream's revolving credit facility,
- $59.3 million of equity from the private placement of common units,
- $44.4 million of equity from the issuance of common units to SemGroup, and
- $37.0 million of equity from the issuance of Class A units to SemGroup. The Class A units will not receive any distributions, but are convertible into common units on a one-for-one basis once the White Cliffs Pipeline achieves an average monthly volume of 125,000 barrels per day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV