NEW YORK -- Ruby Tuesday (RT) posted a fiscal second-quarter loss that was wider than analysts' expectations and said it plans to close up to 24 restaurant locations.
Ruby Tuesday said Wednesday it expects adjusted earnings for the 2013 fiscal year of 24 cents to 30 cents a share, below analysts' forecasts of 29 cents a share.
Sprint Nextel (S) is under no pressure to raise its $2 billion offer for Clearwire (CLWR) to beat a higher bid by Dish Network (DISH), Reuters reported, citing three sources close to the matter. Sprint believes it holds several trump cards it can play to thwart rival Dish, the sources said. Dish earlier this week offered to acquire Clearwire for $3.30 a share, or $5.15 billion, topping a bid from Sprint of $2.97 a share.
PriceSmart (PSMT) posted fiscal first-quarter sales and profit that topped analysts' views. The warehouse club company earned $20 million, or 66 cents a share, in the quarter, compared with year-earlier earnings of $14 million, or 47 cents a share. Revenue rose to $535.3 million from $477.5 million. Analysts expected profit of 62 cents a share on revenue of $535.4 million. 5 Stocks Insiders are Scooping Up
AIG (AIG) said Wednesday it won't join a lawsuit to sue the federal government over the $182 billion bailout that saved the giant insurance company from collapse during the 2008 financial crisis.
MSC Industrial Direct (MSM) is expected by analysts Thursday to report first-quarter earnings of $1.01 a share on revenue of $582.3 million.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV