Dunn-Edwards Adds New Videos To Its Popular How-To Series With Painting Tips From The Pros
LOS ANGELES, Jan. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Dunn-Edwards ® answers the most-asked paint questions by do-it-yourselfers with the addition of seven new videos to its popular how-to video series. The videos feature tips and instruction on how to properly prep surfaces and apply paint from professional painter Cole Schaefer.
Homeowners can find help on tough paint projects with detail on How to Paint a Front Door, How to Paint a Wood Gate, How to Paint a Wood Deck and How to Paint Wood Siding. And everyone can learn secrets from the pros with topics like Painting Tips and Tricks and How to Choose the Right Paint. For larger painting projects, many people opt to hire a painting contractor. The How to Choose a Painting Contractor video offers a good checklist of questions to ask.
"It's amazing how easy a paint project can be for do-it-yourselfers, especially with helpful pointers from pros, the right tools and high-quality products," said Amber Jones, Dunn-Edwards Marketing Communications Manager. "Cole's easy-to-follow instruction helps take the guess work out of painting to save consumers lots of time and money, and make painting projects more enjoyable."
The video series includes tips and tricks like:
- When patching outdoor surfaces, it's best to layer the patch in between coats of primer to encapsulate the patching compound and protect it from water damage.
- Avoid painting in direct sunlight so paint won't dry faster and limit the amount of time available to create a smooth, uniform finish.
- Always dampen your paint brushes and roller covers with water before use in order to pick up and release the most amount of paint.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts