Gouverneur Bancorp Names New Bank Executive
GOUVERNEUR, N.Y., Jan. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of Gouverneur Bancorp, Inc. and its subsidiary, Gouverneur Savings and Loan Association announced at its December 2012 meeting the promotion of Mr. Victor James to the position of Vice President and Chief Operating Officer.
Mr. James has broad experience in the banking industry, including 18 years of service with Northern Federal Credit Union in Watertown, New York, holding positions of Vice President of Lending and Operations, Financial Services Manager, and Student Loan Coordinator. Prior to that, he was employed for seven years with Key Bank of Watertown. Mr. James joined Gouverneur Savings and Loan in August 2011 as Assistant Vice President and Collections Officer.
Mr. James comments, "I'm very appreciative and honored with this opportunity and the confidence the Company has shown in me. I look forward to contributing to the future success of such a strong, stable and community focused organization."
Mr. James is a graduate of S.U.N.Y. Potsdam with a Bachelors of Arts degree in mathematics. Mr. James resides in Watertown. He has one son, Michael, a senior at Watertown High School.The Company, which is headquartered in Gouverneur, New York, is the holding company for Gouverneur Savings and Loan Association. Founded in 1892, the Bank is a federally chartered savings and loan association offering a variety of banking products and services to individuals and businesses in its primary market area in southern St. Lawrence and northern Lewis and Jefferson Counties in New York State. A branch office is located on NYS Route 12 in Alexandria Bay, New York. SOURCE Gouverneur Bancorp, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV