Alex Blanco has joined Ecolab as executive vice president and chief supply chain officer, effective Jan. 1. Blanco will oversee the company’s global supply chain operations, including Ecolab’s 98 manufacturing plants and more than 200 distribution and other supply chain facilities around the world.
“Alex is a superb leader who has a track record building world-class supply chain capabilities,” said Douglas M. Baker, Jr., chairman and chief executive officer, Ecolab. “We are delighted to have him join our leadership team.”
Blanco joins Ecolab after 30 years with Procter & Gamble Co. (P&G). Most recently, he served as vice president, Product Supply Global Beauty Sector, responsible for strategy, planning, procurement, manufacturing, engineering, quality assurance and logistics. In previous roles, Blanco led Supply Chain operations for other key P&G divisions and held several international assignments.
Blanco received a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering from Princeton University.About EcolabWith 2011 pro forma sales of $11 billion and more than 40,000 employees, Ecolab Inc. (NYSE: ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that provide and protect clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments. Ecolab delivers comprehensive programs and services to the food, energy, healthcare, industrial and hospitality markets in more than 160 countries. For more Ecolab news and information, visit www.ecolab.com. (ECL-C)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV