WILMERDING, Pa., Jan. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Wabtec Corporation (NYSE: WAB) has signed contracts to provide components for 300 subway cars being supplied by Bombardier Transportation to MTA New York City Transit under the R-179 order. The pilot cars are scheduled to be delivered at the end of 2014, with delivery of the production series cars beginning in mid-2015.
For the cars, Wabtec units will provide brakes, couplers and current collectors (Wabtec Passenger Transit), and event recorders and speed indicators (Bach-Simpson).
"This is another significant project to expand and modernize a portion of the subway car fleet in New York City, and we're pleased to work with Bombardier Transportation to help MTA achieve its objectives," said Albert J. Neupaver, president and chief executive officer of Wabtec.
Wabtec Corporation is a global provider of technology-based products and services for rail and industrial markets. Through its subsidiaries, the company manufactures a range of products for locomotives, freight cars and passenger transit vehicles. The company also builds new switcher and commuter locomotives, and provides aftermarket services. The company has facilities located throughout the world.Website: www.wabtec.com SOURCE Wabtec Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV