Demandware®, Inc. (NYSE: DWRE), a leader in on-demand ecommerce, today announced that the adidas Group, a global leader in the sporting goods industry, is using the Demandware Commerce platform to power the global expansion of its brands. In just over one year, the company launched more than a dozen ecommerce sites on Demandware in Europe, Russia, Canada and South America. The company will leverage Demandware’s global commerce capabilities for additional sites and channels as it continues to execute upon its international expansion strategy.
For more than 80 years, the adidas Group has been part of the world of sports, delivering state-of-the-art sports footwear, apparel and accessories. Today, it is a global leader with a broad portfolio of brands and products available in virtually every country of the world.
With global expansion a major initiative, the adidas Group required an ecommerce platform that would allow it to get to market fast and efficiently, while retaining complete control over the brands and customer experience. The company selected Demandware’s cloud-based model because it provides a flexible, scalable platform that enables launching many sites quickly from a common architecture with minimal technical intervention.
“Fast deployment was a major consideration for us as our ecommerce presence is of strategic importance for the adidas Group. We needed an ecommerce platform and partner that could help us move swiftly to reach new markets, without compromising quality. In close cooperation with Demandware, we were able to execute a rollout of this size within just one year. Demandware has delivered consistently and we look forward to a long and successful partnership with them,” said Harm Ohlmeyer, Chief eCommerce Officer for the adidas Group.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV