- Candidate said he had to quit a banking position because he was always tempted to steal.
- Candidate denied that he had a cell phone with him even though it could be heard ringing in the briefcase beside him.
- Candidate emptied the employer's candy dish into her pocket.
- Candidate said he didn't like getting up early and didn't like to read.
- Candidate asked to be paid "under the table."
- Candidate reached over and placed a hand on the interviewer's knee.
- Candidate commented that he would do whatever it takes to get the job done, legal or not.
- Candidate hugged the president of the company.
- Candidate called his wife to see what they were having for dinner.
- Candidate asked to postpone the start date so she could still get holiday gifts from vendors at her current job.
- Candidate called in sick to her current employer during the interview, faking an illness.
- Candidate said he didn't want the job if he had to work a lot.
- Candidate wouldn't answer a question because he thought they would steal his idea and not hire him.
CareerBuilder Releases Annual List Of Strangest Interview Blunders
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts