The Hunting Art Prize Announces 2013 Jurors
HOUSTON, Jan. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hunting PLC announced today that three respected members of the national arts community will serve as jurors for the 2013 Hunting Art Prize.
Members of the jury will select the finalists and winner of the $50,000 prize through a two-tiered process that begins in January. The 2013 jurors are:
- Karlota Contreras-Koterbay, Curator at Slocumb Galleries in Johnson City, Tennessee.
- Jeanne Klein, Collector and Advisory Council Member of the Harry Ransom Center at The University of Texas.
- Margaret Winslow, Assistant Curator of Contemporary Art at the Delaware Art Museum in Wilmington.
The Hunting Art Prize, which is open to artists throughout Texas who are at least 18 years of age, is historically the most generous annual award in North America for painting and drawing.Entries are judged through an evaluation of digital files, where jurors select individuals to move on to the second tier. Those chosen as finalists are asked to submit the original artwork represented by their digital file for consideration in the selection of the winning piece. The 2013 winner will be announced at the Hunting Art Prize gala on May 4 in Houston. At a separate event following the gala, Hunting PLC will present a charitable contribution on behalf of the competition to New Danville, a self-sustaining, master-planned community supporting adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. This is the second consecutive year the nonprofit has been selected as the Hunting Art Prize charity. For more information on the prize, visit www.huntingartprize.com. About the 2013 Hunting Art Prize CharityNew Danville is a self-sustaining, master-planned community where adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities can live, learn, and work with their non-disabled peers. By bringing together like-minded individuals through educational programs and enrichment activities, the charitable organization provides a safe and caring environment that encourages independence and personal growth. For further information, visit http://newdanville.org/. About Hunting PLCHunting PLC is an international oil services company providing support solutions to the world's largest oil and gas concerns. Established in 1874, it is a fully listed public company, traded on the London Stock Exchange. For further information, visit www.hunting.plc.uk. SOURCE Hunting PLC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV