Don't Know Which Card To Use? There's An App For That.
Consumer advocate and credit card expert John Ulzheimer, president of Consumer Education at SmartCredit.com, had a similar experience. "I have a credit union issued Platinum Visa that is 'missing' from their inventory," he says.
Answers could be the same
I found that Glyph was helpful the first time I shopped for groceries or bought gas, but since I shop at pretty much the same stores after a while it's going to tell you the same thing. And so it's just taking more valuable time to check Glyph before I pay. Yes, your credit cards and merchants may be offering special promotions, but, as I said, I pay close attention to them. If you're not dilgent about checking reward programs, having Glyph on your smartphone may be more beneficial.
The Wallaby card is similar idea. Like Glyph, it automatically picks the best card for you to use every time you need to swipe. The Wallaby card is free for the first six months and $50 a year after that. I don't think it's worth spending $50 for it. Wallaby's website reads "we know you'll make up for that in new cash back or points." I'd rather just get the points or rewards myself.
The Glyph app is free which makes it a far better choice - though it looks like you'll have to put up with ads in exchange. In the future, it may offer premium features for which you must pay.
Will you spread your rewards too thin?Although I have a selection of credit cards, I generally use either Discover or Chase Freedom. My thinking is it's better to use the same cards repeatedly so that I can rack up enough points to where I can cash them in for rewards. If I spread out my purchases among too many cards, I have too few points on any of them to be of value.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV