Frost & Sullivan Sees 2013 TIV At 600,000 Units, Back To Year 2011 Levels
He added that Japanese OEMs continue to make inroads into the Malaysian automotive market in 2012.
"Proton saw a 3 per cent loss in market share despite launch of the Preve. However, Perodua bounced back with the 2 nd generation MyVi. Overall Proton and Perodua together commanded 60 per cent of the market," said Mr. Mukhtyar.
He added that Perodua continues to lead the passenger vehicle market and strengthened its market position with a 34.1 per cent market share while Proton had a 26.3 per cent market share.
Toyota and Honda increased its market share to 13.3 per cent and 6.3 per cent in 2012 respectively due to normalization in the parts supply chain and new key model launches specially in the hybrid vehicle segment.In the commercial vehicles segment, Toyota Hilux continues its reign as the best selling model by a large margin within the pickup segment, affecting overall sales and market share of Isuzu and Mitsubishi, said Mr. Mukhtyar. Toyota is likely to see its market share in the commercial vehicles segment grow 5 per centage points to 41.1 per cent in 2012, while Isuzu and Mitsubishi see their market share shrink to 13.7 per cent and 10.7 per cent respectively. About Frost & Sullivan Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants. Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts