Ram To Build Most Capable Trucks Ever
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Jan. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ram 3500 Heavy Duty's maximum trailer weight of 30,000 pounds far surpasses closest competitor's 23,100-pound max
- 850 lb.-ft. Cummins Turbo Diesel is tops for torque
- 37,600-pound Gross Combined Weight Rating leads all heavy-duty pickups
- Ram 2500 leads all ¾-ton pickups
- Ram Chassis Cab trucks also deliver best-in-class towing
In the quest to build the most capable trucks available, Ram officially released class-leading towing and weight ratings for its 2013 line of Ram Heavy Duty pickups and Chassis Cab trucks.
The Ram 3500 Heavy Duty pickup will claim a 30,000-pound trailer capacity thanks to a new class-exclusive 50,000 pounds-per-square-inch, high-strength steel frame, improved transfer case, higher-load transmission, an upgraded 6.7-liter Cummins Turbo Diesel engine with a best-in-class 850 lb.-ft. of torque and other significant driveline upgrades.
Ram's closest competitor is limited to a 23,100-pound maximum trailer."We built the new 2013 Ram Heavy Duty to be the undisputed Heavy Duty 'King of the Road.' These new rigs deliver on the number one key attribute most critical to these customers: uncompromising capability," said Fred Diaz, President and CEO — Ram Truck Brand and Chrysler de Mexico, Chrysler Group LLC. "Towing capability, reliability and engine performance are ranked first through third, respectively, with HD customers. The 2013 Ram Heavy Duty trucks unequivocally deliver all those things, as well as a very low total cost of ownership." The Ram 3500's Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR) -- which is defined by the maximum combined weight of the truck, payload and trailer -- has been raised to 37,600 pounds, which again far surpasses the closest competitor's 30,500-pound GCWR. Ram has increased the capability in its other truck models as well.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts