Law Office Of Brodsky & Smith, LLC Announces Investigation Of Epocrates, Inc.
Law office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC announces that it is investigating potential claims against the Board of Directors of Epocrates, Inc. (“Epocrates” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: EPOC) relating to the proposed acquisition by AthenaHealth, Inc. (“AthenaHealth”).
Under the terms of the transaction, Epocrates shareholders will receive only $11.75 in cash for each share of Epocrates stock they own. The investigation concerns possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of state law by the Board of Directors of Epocrates for not acting in the Company’s shareholders' best interests in connection with the sale process to AthenaHealth. The transaction may undervalue the Company and will result in a loss for many shareholders. For example Epocrates stock traded at $25.80 as recently as March 15, 2011. In addition, an analyst has set a price target for Epocrates stock at $15.00 per share and the Epocrates app is used by approximately 338,000 U.S. physicians.
If you own shares of Epocrates stock and wish to discuss the legal
ramifications of the proposed transaction, or have any questions, you
may e-mail or call the law office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC who will,
without obligation or cost to you, attempt to answer your questions. You
may contact Jason L. Brodsky, Esquire or Evan J. Smith, Esquire at
Brodsky & Smith, LLC, Two Bala Plaza, Suite 602, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004,
by e-mail at
by calling toll free 877-LEGAL-90.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV