BURLINGAME, Calif., Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Blazent, the leader in IT analytics, announces a breakthrough initiative called "Closed-Loop Data Quality" that will amplify the value of leading IT service management platforms and enhance the return on investment for large IT initiatives.
For over a decade, Blazent solutions have helped large organizations optimize their IT infrastructure and services by providing powerful IT analytics to support confident decisions. As a result, Blazent has helped customers eliminate over $250 million in operational costs and successfully manage over $50 billion in managed services contracts. The Blazent solution is unparalleled in its flexibility to integrate and reconcile any electronic data source from both commercial and custom systems. Combined with Blazent's audit and analysis capabilities, IT can achieve the most complete and accurate view of their end-to-end environment.
Blazent's Closed-Loop Data Quality initiative combines the robust analytics and data quality capabilities of Blazent with the process and workflow of leading IT service management platforms to close data quality gaps that often exist in configuration management databases (CMDBs) and asset repositories. When addressed properly, improved data quality levels can deliver many tangible benefits, including the following customer examples:
- Quicker Outage Restoration (90% reduction in engineering hours spent addressing outages)
- Elimination of Redundant Systems & Devices (15% reduction in global endpoint inventory)
- Less Reharvesting of Data (5,000 manual hours eliminated by a single automated inventory audit)
- Improved CMDB Confidence & User Adoption (30% improvement in CMDB data accuracy)
- Better Decisions Based on Accurate Data ( 5% reduction in total IT asset costs).
The integration of Blazent with popular service management platforms ensures that large IT organizations are operating with the best possible information, and when discrepancies are identified, they can be quickly routed and resolved using the ITIL-based workflow specific to the service management platform in use.