Alcoa (NYSE:AA) announced today that William F. Oplinger, 45, will become Chief Financial Officer effective April 1, 2013, succeeding Charles D. McLane, Jr., 59, who plans to retire after a 40-year career with the company.
William F. (Bill) Oplinger will become Chief Financial Officer for Alcoa, effective April 2013. He succeeds Chuck McLane, who is retiring. (Photo: Business Wire)
“Chuck McLane has been vital to Alcoa’s success during one of the most challenging periods in the company’s history,” said Klaus Kleinfeld, Alcoa Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “It is not easy to replace someone who has been a giant figure at Alcoa and in the aluminum industry for decades. But with his deep experience, wide-ranging business knowledge and excellent judgment, Bill Oplinger is uniquely qualified. He shares Chuck’s commitment to transparency and the highest standards of financial management, and he has established himself as a respected business leader among his peers.”
Oplinger has been Chief Operating Officer of Alcoa’s Global Primary Products business unit since December 2011. He also serves on Alcoa’s Executive Council, the senior leadership team that sets strategic direction for the company. Since joining Alcoa in 2000, Oplinger has held key corporate positions in Financial Analysis and Planning and as Director of Investor Relations. He also has had major assignments in Alcoa’s largest business, Global Primary Products, including Controller, Operational Excellence Director, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer.
Earlier in his career, Oplinger held engineering, customer services and business planning positions with Westinghouse and Emerson Electric. Oplinger earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and a Master’s Degree in Industrial Administration from Carnegie Mellon University.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV