Lexington Realty Trust is a REIT that focuses on single-tenant real estate investments. It owns, invests in and manages office, industrial and retail properties primarily net-leased to major corporations throughout the United States and provides investment advisory and asset management services to investors in the net lease area.
press release on Monday, T. Wilson Eglin, president and CEO of Lexington, stated, "During the fourth quarter
"In addition, we continued and expect to continue to capitalize on accretive investment opportunities and take advantage of opportunities to lower our cost of capital by refinancing our maturing debts on advantageous terms."
These are the priorities of many top CEOs I recently wrote about who have breathtaking leadership and know how to please shareholders.As an example of the kind of deals it negotiates, during the fourth quarter LXP entered into one new build-to-suit, an $8.8 million commitment to construct a 42,300-square-foot retail property in Tuscaloosa, Ala., that will be net leased upon completion for a 15-year term (9.3% initial cap rate). It continues to fund the construction of previously announced build-to-suit projects in Denver (8.6% initial rap rate); Rantoul, Ill. (8% initial cap rate); and Long Island City, N.Y. (8.5% initial cap rate). The aggregate estimated cost of these four ongoing build-to-suit projects is approximately $136.5 million, of which nearly $68.9 million was invested as of Dec. 31. The one-year chart below illustrates the gradual price ascent of LXP shares and its free cash flow. LXP data by YCharts
When it comes to the future success of a REIT, I like to see the balance sheet. Lexington financed an office property in Palo Alto, Calif., with a $59.5 million non-recourse mortgage loan, which bears interest at a fixed rate of 3.97%. The lower the borrowing cost the higher the net operating funds.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV