Piper Jaffray (NYSE: PJC) today announced the appointment of John Geelan as the firm’s next general counsel, secretary and leadership team member. Effective January 18, Geelan will replace James Chosy who has accepted the position of executive vice president and general counsel at U.S. Bancorp.
“John is an outstanding partner and a strong leader,” commented Andrew Duff, Piper Jaffray Companies chairman and CEO. “His experience and judgment make him well-suited for this important role.”
Geelan is currently assistant general counsel at Piper Jaffray, responsible for managing the corporate secretary function, working with the board of directors and senior management across a number of areas, including governance, public company securities and reporting, M&A, treasury and financing, and general corporate.
Geelan joined Piper Jaffray in 2005 from Faegre & Benson, where he spent five years practicing corporate and securities law and representing public companies in the areas of corporate governance, corporate finance and M&A.Geelan holds a law degree from Notre Dame Law School and a bachelor’s degree in economics and music from the University of St. Thomas. He is currently a member of the board of directors of the Playwrights’ Center, where he serves as treasurer. About Piper Jaffray Piper Jaffray is a leading investment bank and asset management firm serving clients in the U.S. and internationally. Proven advisory teams combine deep industry, product and sector expertise with ready access to capital. Founded in 1895, the firm is headquartered in Minneapolis and has offices across the United States and in London and Zurich. www.piperjaffray.com © 2013 Piper Jaffray Companies
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV