News Summary: Corn Rises In Light Trading
By The Associated Press
WAITING GAME: Corn edged higher in light trading Tuesday before the U.S. Department of Agriculture releases a series of closely watched reports on Friday.
OFF THE RECORD: Corn has slumped 18 percent since climbing to a record last August after a drought decimated the crop. The market still doesn't seem to have recovered its energy, analysts say.
GOLD HALTS FALL: The precious metal advanced for the first time in four days, as traders speculated that a sell-off may have been overdone. Gold has fallen for six straight weeks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV