Aberdeen's closed-end funds available to North American investors are:
- Aberdeen Asia-Pacific Income Fund, Inc. (NYSE MKT: FAX)
- Aberdeen Asia-Pacific Income Investment Company Limited (TSX: FAP)
- Aberdeen Australia Equity Fund, Inc. (NYSE MKT: IAF)
- Aberdeen Chile Fund, Inc. (NYSE MKT: CH )
- Aberdeen Emerging Markets Telecommunications and Infrastructure Fund, Inc. (NYSE MKT: ETF )
- Aberdeen Global Income Fund, Inc. (NYSE MKT: FCO)
- Aberdeen Indonesia Fund, Inc. (NYSE MKT: IF )
- Aberdeen Israel Fund, Inc. (NYSE MKT: ISL )
- Aberdeen Latin America Equity Fund, Inc. (NYSE MKT: LAQ)
- First Trust/ Aberdeen Global Opportunity Income Fund, Inc. (NYSE MKT: FAM)
- First Trust/Aberdeen Emerging Opportunity Fund, Inc. (NYSE MKT: FEO)
- The Asia Tigers Fund, Inc. (NYSE: GRR)
- The Greater China Fund, Inc. (NYSE: GCH)
- The India Fund, Inc. (NYSE: IFN)
- The Singapore Fund, Inc. (NYSE: SGF)
Closed-end funds are traded on the secondary market through one of the stock exchanges. The Fund's investment return and principal value will fluctuate so that an investor's shares may be worth more or less than the original cost. Shares of closed-end funds may trade above (a premium) or below (a discount) the net asset value (NAV) of the fund's portfolio. There is no assurance that the Fund will achieve its investment objective. Past performance does not guarantee future results.
International investing entails special risk considerations, including currency fluctuations, lower liquidity, economic and political risks, and differences in accounting methods; these risks are generally heightened for emerging market investments and single country funds.
In the United States, Aberdeen Asset Management (AAM) is that marketing name for the following affiliated, registered investment advisers: Aberdeen Asset Management Inc., Aberdeen Asset Managers Ltd., Aberdeen Asset Management Ltd. and Aberdeen Asset Management Asia Ltd., each of which is wholly owned by Aberdeen Asset Management PLC. "Aberdeen" is a U.S. registered service mark of Aberdeen Asset Management PLC. Source: Fund Consultants LLC, March 2012. Based on analysis of emerging market closed-end funds offered in multiple jurisdictions as of June 30, 2011; data provided by Morningstar Inc. Closed-end funds are defined as investment companies that are 1) listed on a recognized exchange; 2) possess fixed share capital and; 3) were formed via subscriptions from the public via an open offer or placement. Criteria for inclusion in the emerging markets category is based on the World Bank's definition of emerging countries as measured by lower and middle income per capita. Criteria for fund inclusion is 1) at least 75% of gross assets invested in emerging markets; 2) funds with under 25% exposure to Asian developed markets.