Daniel T. Accordino, CEO of Carrols Restaurant Group, Inc. stated, “We unequivocally do not tolerate sexual harassment in our workplace and have resolved this litigation without any admission of wrongdoing after many years of intensive, costly and frustrating litigation with the EEOC. At Carrols, we take sexual harassment very seriously and have long had comprehensive procedures and processes in place to encourage our employees to report violations to our policies and to do so without fear of retaliation. We also have a long history of thoroughly investigating employee complaints and terminating employees who have harassed others."
Accordino continued, “We agreed to this negotiated settlement at this stage of the litigation simply because the settlement payment we’ve agreed to make is far less than the cost and expense we would incur to continue to litigate each of the remaining individual claims to conclusion given the age of the claims and because hundreds of potential witnesses were now, after 14 years, in scattered locations across the country, ill or deceased. Our agreement with the EEOC to continue, and in limited circumstances enhance, our best practices on harassment prevention and training confirms our commitment to providing a workplace with equal opportunity and free from sexual harassment.”
Carrols has been represented in the litigation from its inception by Mike Delikat and John Giansello of Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe, New York and Jeffrey Mayer of Freeborn and Peters, Chicago, Illinois.
About the CompanyCarrols Restaurant Group, Inc. is Burger King Corporation's largest franchisee, globally, with 572 BURGER KING® restaurants as of December 31, 2012 and has operated BURGER KING® restaurants since 1976. For more information on Carrols, please visit the company's website at www.carrols.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV