- Dave George has been named President of Olive Garden. George was most recently the President of LongHorn Steakhouse, a position he held since 2003. Since the brand joined Darden, he successfully grew LongHorn from 290 restaurants to a leading national brand with more than 400 restaurants today. Prior to joining LongHorn as a Vice President of Operations in 1998, George served as Vice President of Operations for Tripps Restaurants. He began his restaurant career out of college as an Assistant Manager with Houlihans, where he spent 12 years and held a number of positions with increasing leadership responsibility.
- Valerie Insignares has been promoted to President of LongHorn Steakhouse. She moves into her new role after nearly two years as Darden's Chief Restaurant Operations Officer, where she was responsible for strategic operations initiatives across the enterprise. She previously served as Executive Vice President of Operations for Olive Garden for seven years. Prior to that, Insignares held numerous roles with increasing leadership responsibility from the time she joined Darden in 1997 through 2004.
- Will Setliff has been promoted to SVP and Chief Marketing Officer for Darden, where he will be responsible for strengthening overall marketing excellence, elevating marketing innovation to drive long-term growth, and directing marketing talent management. With more than 20 years of experience, Setliff joined the Company last year as the Specialty Restaurant Group's Executive Vice President of Marketing. Prior to Darden, Setliff served as Senior Vice President of Marketing for Target. In that role, he held responsibility for storewide planning, brand marketing, partnerships and licensing, guest insights and store-shelf merchandising. Earlier in his tenure at Target, Setliff also had responsibility for digital marketing and developing a longer-term innovation growth pipeline.
Darden Announces Brand President And Marketing Leadership Appointments
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.