The Company’s midstream and downstream businesses continued to turn in record performance, hitting new profitability highs. Global Rolled Products achieved record fourth quarter ATOI of $69 million, up $43 million year-on-year, and record fourth quarter adjusted EBITDA per metric ton of $344. Engineered Products and Solutions delivered record fourth quarter ATOI of $137 million, up 12 percent year-on-year, and achieved record fourth quarter adjusted EBITDA margin of 17.7 percent, the fourth consecutive quarter a year-over-year record was established.
Alcoa ended the quarter with strong cash results. The Company generated $535 million in free cash flow in the quarter, with cash from operations of $933 million, up $670 million sequentially. Alcoa also maintained its strong liquidity position, ending the quarter with cash on hand of $1.9 billion.
Following the record low in days working capital achieved in each quarter throughout 2012, the Company also achieved an all-time low for the fourth quarter at 24 days, three days lower than the previous fourth quarter record set in 2011, and 19 days lower than fourth quarter 2008. This is the 13th successive quarter the Company has demonstrated year-over-year improvement.
In fourth quarter 2012, the debt-to-capital ratio stood at 34.8 percent, 130 basis points lower than the sequential quarter, while net debt-to-capital stood at 29.7 percent.2012 Full-Year For the year 2012, revenue was $23.7 billion, compared to $25 billion in 2011. Income from continuing operations was $191 million, or $0.18 per share, in 2012 compared with $614 million, or $0.55 per share, in 2011. Excluding the impact of special items, income from continuing operations was $262 million, or $0.24 per share, for 2012, compared to $812 million, or $0.72 per share, for 2011. Full-year 2012 net income was $191 million, or $0.18 per share, compared to $611 million, or $0.55 per share, in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV