Silicon Image (NASDAQ:SIMG), a leading provider of HD connectivity solutions, today announced three turnkey reference platforms designed to quickly bring to market new accessories supporting the latest MHL ® 2.0 mobile connectivity standard. Built around the latest Silicon Image MHL 2.0 bridge ICs, the reference designs enable original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to deliver to market new MHL 2.0 enabled accessories, including multimedia audio/video docking stations as well as adapters that deliver content to HDMI ®, DVI, and analog VGA monitors and displays.
Silicon Image has been at the forefront of MHL technology, contributing to the technology’s robust ecosystem and market adoption worldwide. With a growing MHL ecosystem of an estimated 190 million smartphones and tablets and 30 million displays and accessories that shipped by the end of 2012, these new reference platforms are designed to enable manufacturers to quickly bring to market new products that interoperate with the large MHL installed base of devices.
“Mobile device OEMs continue to take full advantage of the MHL value proposition as the adoption rate of the technology continues to accelerate,” said David Kuo, director of product marketing at Silicon Image, Inc. “Silicon Image’s new MHL 2.0 turnkey reference designs have been developed to enable OEMs to quickly meet market demands for a new class of mobile accessories that include multimedia docking station and adapters to connect to any display type.”
The Silicon Image RK-9296, RK-9296AUD and RK-1296 turnkey reference platforms are designed to comply with the latest MHL 2.0 specification, accelerating OEMs design, development and production times at the lowest bill of material (BOM) costs.Reference Design Details:
- RK-9296: Turnkey solution for MHL 2.0 to HDMI adapters
- RK-1296: Turnkey solution for MHL 2.0 to VGA
- RK-9296AUD: Turnkey solution for new class of multimedia audio / video docking stations for MHL-enabled devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV