NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- For as long as I have covered computing, technology and content have been racing one another, with technology winning.
My first PC, bought in 1982, had a green screen like an oscilloscope and could only display letters-and-numbers. I had to buy a brand new Microsoft (MSFT) Windows '95 PC in 1994 just to display primitive cartoons, run off a CD-ROM.
But technology keeps on accelerating. By early in the last decade it was assumed that you could run video files on your PC, the only limit being the speed of your connection. With broadband, you could download a full screen in real-time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV