DMC Heart Care Specialists Are First In Midwest To Implement "Robotic-Assisted" Revascularization To Relieve Arterial Blockages
A retired homemaker, Ms. Frank said Tuesday that she was "feeling terrific and ready to go home." She also noted that that she had undergone "six or seven" revascularization procedures in the past, and that "this was the only one where I felt no pain at all. It was quick and it was very easy."
A resident of Roseville, Ms. Frank has five grown children. After declaring that she was feeling energetic and completely free of pain, she pointed out that she's an avid Detroit Tigers fan and that she "can't wait to get back out to the ballpark this spring and watch the Tigers play some more baseball!"
Describing her treatment, Dr. Schreiber said that it was "very exciting to see how effective this new procedure can be in helping patients overcome coronary blockages."
He was also quick to point that the CVI treated three other patients with the new procedure on Monday, and that all three were doing well. One of those patients underwent a "radial catheterization" in which the flexible tube that carries stents and balloons is inserted through a wrist artery, rather than through the femoral (leg) artery. That procedure, he noted, was the first of its kind to be performed in the U.S.About Detroit Medical Center www.dmc.org The Detroit Medical Center includes DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan, DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital, DMC Harper University Hospital, DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital, DMC Hutzel Women's Hospital, DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan, DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital, DMC Surgery Hospital, and DMC Cardiovascular Institute. The Detroit Medical Center is a leading regional healthcare system with a mission of excellence in clinical care, research and medical education. SOURCE Detroit Medical Center
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV