This app from the National Association of Realtors' official property-listing site lets you easily find homes that are for sale or rent near your current location. You can also find nearby upcoming open houses, as well as pricing data on properties that have recently changed hands.
Realtor.com's app lets you view properties either as a list or on a map that's centered on your current location. As with Zillow's app, you can also draw a circle on the map with your finger to define what area you want to check out.
Another useful tool is Realtor.com's "Area Scout." This feature shows you a neighborhood's current average asking price, average available square footage and average price per square foot.
Trulia is another major property-listing website that provides a free app to help house-hunters on the go.
Figuring out which home to buy is great, but you'll still have to pay for it. That's where Bankrate.com's smartphone app comes in handy. This app includes an easy-to-use mortgage calculator and a list of updated daily average U.S. rates for 15-year fixed, 30-year fixed and five-year adjustable-rate mortgages. You can also plug in specifics about your situation (approximate mortgage size, down payment, credit score, etc.) and instantly get rate quotes from several lenders. The Bankrate app also gives you access to dozens of Bankrate.com stories and blog posts about the real estate and mortgage markets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV