BC-Business News Digest
â¿¿ GERMANY-ECONOMY â¿¿ German industrial orders drop more than expected in November because of weaker foreign demand, while exports slide by 3.4 percent.
â¿¿ FRANCE-ECONOMY â¿¿ President Francois Hollande says his plans to put France's bloated government on a diet include cutting state aid to companies.
â¿¿ EGYPT-ECONOMY â¿¿ Qatar is doubling its financial aid to the Egyptian government with a new injection of $2.5 billion, underlining its role in propping up Cairo's foreign currency reserves and highlighting its strong ties with the Muslim Brotherhood leadership.
______A sampling of Money & Markets modules is below. The full digest for AP's Money & Markets service can be found at markets.ap.org. For questions about Money & Markets content, please contact Trevor Delaney (800-845-8450, ext. 1807). For technical support: Todd Balog (816-654-1096). After 6 p.m., contact the AP Business News desk (800-845-8450, ext. 1680) for content questions; 1-800-3AP-STOX for technical support and 212-621-1905 for graphics help. CENTERPIECE Earnings kick off Corporate America hasn't closed its books for 2012. This week, companies in the Standard & Poor's 500 index begin reporting their earnings for the fourth quarter of last year. Overall, analysts expect fourth quarter earnings for the S&P 500 to increase by 3.3 percent over the same period in 2011. That would mark the second quarterly increase since the S&P 500 posted relatively flat earnings in the second quarter -- growth of just 0.8 percent. COMPANY SPOTLIGHT Lampert to take over After a year as CEO of Sears Holdings, Louis D'Ambrosia is stepping down next month due to family health matters. Edward Lampert, the retailer's chairman and its largest shareholder, will take over on Feb. 2.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV