BC-Business News Digest
AP photos, video.
BOSTON â¿¿ Eli Lilly and Co. failed to test a drug's effect on fetuses before promoting it as a way to prevent miscarriages, a lawyer says in opening statements in a trial over a lawsuit brought by four sisters who believe their breast cancer was caused by the medicine their mother took when she was pregnant with them. The sisters' case is the first to go to trial out of scores of similar claims filed around the country. By Denise Lavoie.
AP photos.AMR-US AIRWAYS DALLAS â¿¿ No decision on a merger is expected when directors of American Airlines meet Wednesday to discuss a potential tie-up with US Airways. Momentum for a deal is building, however, although it's unclear if the two sides will eventually agree on terms or if US Airways will need to mount a hostile bid for its larger rival. By Airlines Writer David Koenig. â¿¿ CHEVROLET-NEW SLOGAN â¿¿ Chevrolet is dropping its "Chevy Runs Deep" slogan and replacing it with the new tagline "Find New Roads," saying that it's better geared toward drivers outside the U.S. AP photo. â¿¿ AIRPLANE FUEL LEAK â¿¿ Officials at Boston's Logan International Airport say crews have contained a fuel leak from an outbound Japan Airlines flight to Tokyo in the second incident involving the airline's Boeing 787s at Logan in two days. â¿¿ ANHEUSER-BUSCH-NEW BREW â¿¿ Anheuser-Busch InBev is introducing a new specialty beer â¿¿ an amber lager with a higher alcohol content â¿¿ and will promote its new brew with a Super Bowl ad. â¿¿ JEEP-INVESTIGATION â¿¿ Government clears Jeep Grand Cherokee in probe of fluid leaks and engine fires. â¿¿ INFANT SLEEPERS-WARNING â¿¿ The government is warning consumers to inspect Fisher-Price Newborn Rock 'N Play Sleepers due to risk of exposure to mold for infants who use them.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV