Low value shipments are specific to carriers authorized to use the provisions of the low value shipment processing system, such as UPS, allowing goods to be released for delivery on the day of arrival.
Canada's Minister for International Trade, Ed Fast, confirmed the government's commitment to continuing its timely implementation of the Beyond the Border Action Plan. "Items in the action plan focus on ensuring security at the Canada-U.S. border while improving processes to positively impact businesses, travellers, the economy and jobs. This low value shipment customs harmonization will enhance speed of goods to market, which is a critical component to a successful trade model."
The efficient and newly harmonized low value shipment process translates into significant benefits for Canadian importers, including:
- Improved certainty for delivery of critical goods
- Improved operational efficiencies and supply chain management
- Better allocation of resources for CBSA toward higher risk priorities
- Support of a trade-friendly environment which offers Canadian importers and exporters opportunities to grow trade activity with the U.S.
About UPSUPS (NYSE:UPS) is a global leader in logistics, offering a broad range of solutions including the transportation of packages and freight; the facilitation of international trade, and the deployment of advanced technology to more efficiently manage the world of business. Headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., UPS serves more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. The company can be found on the web at UPS.com and its corporate blog can be found at blog.ups.com. To get UPS news direct, visit pressroom.ups.com/RSS. SOURCE UPS Canada Ltd.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts