NanoMarkets Issues Latest Report On Opportunities For Silver Inks And Pastes
GLEN ALLEN, Va., Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Industry analyst firm NanoMarkets today announced the release of its latest report on industrial silver markets titled "The Silver Inks and Pastes Market 2013-2020." The report quantifies the opportunities for printed silver in electronics applications over the next eight years. While the industry will continue to drag from declining demand from the solar industry, NanoMarkets still sees opportunities for silver inks and pastes manufacturers both in traditional thick film markets as well as emerging display, lighting and electronics markets.
Additional details about the report are available on the firm's website at: http://nanomarkets.net/market_reports/report/silver2013
About the report:
This report analyzes the opportunities for silver inks and pastes in all the relevant, major markets for printed silver circuitry, including PV, displays, lighting, RFIDs, sensors, and the traditional thick film applications. The report also discusses the product development and marketing strategies of some of the leading suppliers of silver inks and pastes, including DIC/Sun Chemical, DuPont, Ferro, Harima Chemical, Henkel, Heraeus, Ink-Tec, Methode, and others. Finally, the report includes a detailed eight-year forecasts for the materials in both volume and value terms and broken out by application, by ink/paste type (high-firing vs. low-temperature curing products), by ink/past composition (nanosilver vs. conventional silver), and by printing method (screen-printing, ink-jet, and other methods).From the Report: Conventional photovoltaics (PV) are extremely cost-sensitive and expensive silver circuitry is increasingly being replaced with cheaper alternatives, especially in backside PV metallization. NanoMarkets projects that silver inks and pastes in the PV sector will decline from a value of $4.9 billion in 2013 to about $3.4 billion in 2020. Amid the gloom, however, there is some good news:
- Silver's superior conductivity and compatibility with low-temperature processing means that it is hard to replace in many applications, including traditional applications for printed silver in the thick film electronics market. Traditional thick-film applications for printed silver will use $2.4 billion worth of silver inks and pastes in 2013, and this sector will grow to a value of about $3.4 billion by 2020.
- In addition, the ongoing megatrend toward miniaturization of electronic circuitry means that manufacturers will be looking for higher value-added inks that target specific, new niches. This trend will lead to increasing opportunities for higher resolution printing inks designed for deposition by ink-jet, flexographic, gravure, and other printing methods. While the market in 2013 for silver inks is expected to a modest $260 million, the value could grow to well over $1 billion by the end of the decade.
- Finally, several new sectors may turn out to be big users of printed silver circuitry. Possibilities are flexible displays – perhaps still three to five years away – but also OLED lighting, which could turn into a big user of silver if the technology takes off as expected, and the sensors market, which is growing as part of the ubiquitous electronics trend that seeks to create a world of pervasive computing and an "Internet-of-Things."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV