UEI Control Plus is available in two implementations:
- For a source device such as a set-top box, DVD player or over-the-top (OTT) box.OEMs can add a HOME key to the remote control so that with a single button press, the user immediately switches their home theater system to the OEM’s content or service.
- For AV Receiver and Television manufacturers.UEI Control Plus can be implemented as one-button activity switching to allow any user to move seamlessly between watching a recorded TV show, playing a movie on their Blu-ray player, playing games on their game console, or just relaxing and listening to music on their digital media player. All this happens seamlessly with no complicated setup or macro programming required.
“UEI Control Plus has been over a year in development, and as industry leader, we are excited to be able to bring this level of simplicity to universal control. Our vision has always been to bring automated device control setup and intuitive control to a mass consumer product. With UEI Control Plus, we believe that we have created a very compelling product offering for our OEM partners that allows them to focus on delivering great audio and video content without worrying about common universal control consumer challenges,” said Paul Arling, chairman and chief executive officer of UEI. “We look forward to demonstrating our solution to customers and working closely with them to integrate UEI Control Plus into their products and services.”
UEI Control Plus will be demonstrated, along with other innovative entertainment control technologies, at the Universal Electronics Booth at CES, in South Hall 1, Booth #20211, January 8-11, 2013.
About Universal ElectronicsFounded in 1986, Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) is the global leader in wireless control technology for the connected home. UEI designs, develops, and delivers innovative solutions that enable consumers to control entertainment devices, digital media, and home systems. The company’s broad portfolio of patented technologies and database of infrared control software have been adopted by many Fortune 500 companies in the consumer electronics, subscription broadcast, and computing industries. UEI sells and licenses wireless control products through distributors and retailers under the One For All® brand name. For additional information, visit our website at www.uei.com. All trademarks appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV