Silicor Materials Hasn't Given Up On Mississippi
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) â¿¿ Silicor Materials says it has not given up on locating an operation in Mississippi.
Last week, Silicor's proposed project in Lowndes County failed when the company missed a deadline to put up $150,000 to secure land and incentives. Local officials said the money was refundable to ensure that Silicor start construction by June 30 of 2013.
The Silicor plant was initially forecast to employ 200. An additional phase of the project â¿¿ a silicon metal purifying operation â¿¿ was expected to provide 750 jobs.
State and local officials offered an incentive package of more than $90 million."After carefully evaluating a variety of factors, we determined that a location other than Lowndes County, Mississippi will allow us to maximize our company's mission. We deeply appreciate the interest Lowndes County showed in our company and our project," Terry Jester, chief executive officer of Silicor Materials, said Monday in a statement. Jester said Silicor is working investors and some international partners and the Mississippi Development Authority to find a site in Mississippi. "We are committed to building our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Mississippi, and we look forward to increasing economic opportunity in the state," she said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV