Finally, when asked about the disappointing results for Biogen's ALS drug, results that forced the company to stop development, Scangos said Biogen has had three clinical trial successes and one failure last year. While it's very disappointing to see a drug fail, the company remains committed to doing more work and returning to trials with a new drug for ALS.
Cramer said Biogen is another great biotech firm worthy of continued investment.
No Huddle Offense
In his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer stood up in defense of gold, a commodity he said is finally providing the long-awaited pullback that everyone has been expecting.
Cramer said there are dozens of so-called reasons to not like gold, but the precious metal has delivered gain after gain.Yes, gold has been stalled of late, but with so many countries printing money and sending their currencies lower, it's only a matter of time before gold marches higher. He said the simple economics of gold say it's getting harder, and more costly, to find gold, which can only mean good things for the SPDR Gold Shares (GLD) going forward. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter with all of his latest articles and videos please click here. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV