Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Housing and insurance are two more themes that will be working in 2013, Jim Cramer told "Mad Money" viewers Tuesday in the next installment in his weeklong series on what investors should be buying on any Washington-induced market weakness.
Cramer said the housing market remains huge, and any company that sells into it should be yielding big returns in 2013. Of course that means the home builders, but they've already run a lot, said Cramer, which is why he'd look into the building-materials and home-furnishing companies.
Executive DecisionIn the "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer spoke with Dr. Leonard Schleifer, president and CEO of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN), one of the many companies presenting at the annual JPMorgan Chase (JPM) health-care conference this week. Schleifer said Regeneron is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year and has always been based on doing good science that focuses on what patients need. That's why the company is working is many different areas from cholesterol to eye care. When asked about the perceived weakness in the quarterly results, Schleifer said some analysts were expecting strong sales after a competitor ran into a formulation problem with a competing drug, but that scenario never materialized. He said Regeneron continues to grow at 50% a year and is expecting to have a phenomenal 2013. When asked whether his company's new cholesterol-lowering drugs could become bigger than its current Eylea eye-care treatment, Schleifer said he believes that it can. He said REGN72 is a totally new class of cholesterol drug and one that's showing a lot of promise in lowering levels by 60% to 70% with few side effects.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV