Anchin's Charitable Giving Reaches New Heights In 2012
NEW YORK, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Anchin's charitable giving reached new heights in 2012. Anchin's employees not only continued their long-standing tradition of giving and volunteering, but also stepped up their efforts in response to unforeseen natural disasters, including the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy.
Through its CARE (Community and Recreational Events) Committee and industry service teams, the Firm has embarked on more charity drives than ever before, donating significant resources in time and money. A number of special events, such as a recent drive to collect supplies and funds for Hurricane Sandy victims, were added to Anchin's ongoing line-up of annual charity efforts.
"We do these events each year because it is simply the right thing to do," says Frank Schettino, Anchin's Managing Partner. "We want to be a good corporate citizen and we want to instill philanthropy and charitable giving as a core value of our Firm.
"We believe these events are an important part of the culture we have created at Anchin," Schettino said, "and think they contribute to the high scores that Anchin has received in Best Place to Work surveys."Anchin currently employees 350 people and has repeatedly been named a Best Place to Work in New York City and New York State as well as one of the Best Accounting Firms to Work For nationwide. New charitable events at Anchin in 2012 have included:
- A fund-raising effort on behalf of City Harvest. Firm members were asked to donate their lunch money to the food charity during its annual Skip Lunch: Feed the Hungry campaign, a drive that resulted in a donation of more than $5,600. The contribution was made at the Firm's annual State of the Food and Beverage Industry event held in May.
- An emergency supply effort (food, flashlights, batteries, cleaning supplies) and a fund-raising effort on behalf of Hurricane Sandy victims. In addition to the large amount of materials that were gathered, firm members also donated more than $7,500 to the relief effort.
- A contribution to the New York Building Foundation made at the Firm's State of the Construction Industry event in September. This donation was made in recognition of the work that the Foundation does on behalf of all of those in the Greater New York construction industry.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts