NEWPORT NEWS, Va., Jan. 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Huntington Ingalls Industries (NYSE:HII) today announced that Chris Miner has been promoted to vice president of in-service aircraft carrier programs for the company's Newport News Shipbuilding (NNS) division.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://media.globenewswire.com/hii/mediagallery.html?pkgid=16500
In his new position, Miner is responsible for planning and executing aircraft carrier overhaul programs and inactivations, including the upcoming USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) refueling and complex overhaul (RCOH) and the USS Enterprise (CVN 65) inactivation, as well as aircraft carrier fleet support work. RCOH and inactivation work is primarily performed at NNS. Aircraft carrier fleet support work is performed in Norfolk; San Diego; Everett, Wash.; and Japan. Miner will report to Ken Mahler, NNS' vice president of Navy programs."Chris is uniquely qualified with broad shipbuilding experience," Mahler said. "He will transition smoothly into this job and will provide continued leadership talent and credibility to an important part of our business that produces strong performance relative to safety, quality, cost and schedule." Miner is a 29-year shipyard veteran, most recently serving as director of the Virginia-Class Submarine Program. He also served as the program director for USS Carl Vinson's RCOH. Miner is a former quality manager and a non-nuclear test director, having successfully served as the senior shipyard trials director on many submarine and aircraft carrier sea trials. "I look forward to working with the in-service aircraft carrier team as we continue to deliver strong performance and meet the needs of the Navy," Miner said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV