The big-cap biotech is the traditional kick-off presentation at this closely followed conference, and this year, the company set a high bar for its competitors with strong financial guidance (including a bullish 2017 forecast for the first time) and positive psoriasis results from studies involving its experimental drug apremilast.
Celgene shares rose more than 4% to $85.73 on Monday and the stock was up again in Tuesday's pre-market session, bolstered by some analyst upgrades.
Gilead Sciences (GILD) and Biogen Idec (BIIB) also presented at the J.P. Morgan conference on Monday. While both offered confident outlooks for the coming year, Celgene was a standout. Amgen (AMGN) presents at the conference later today.Read a lot more about Celgene's outlook and the way investors and others reacted to the company's J.P. Morgan presentation on Twitter with this Appeering conversation thread: -- Reported by Adam Feuerstein in Boston. Follow Adam Feuerstein on Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV