NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) today announced a new global study of shoppers and retailers that shows consumers seek personalized and integrated multi-channel experiences to make their everyday lives easier.
- Globally, 52% of shoppers say they want the option of using mobile technology to scan and pay for items while shopping. However, among major retailers around the world, only 12% offered this solution;
- Almost 70% of shoppers around the world say they would welcome personalized offers delivered electronically, while only 27% of grocery retailers provided this service;
- In the United States, 80% of grocery shoppers want access to electronic coupons, but the study found only 35% of U.S. grocery retailers offer electronic coupons.
NCR Vice President and General Manager of Mobile Solutions Chris Lybeer will present the study findings on Monday, January 14, 2013 from 1 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. at the National Retail Federation Big Show in room 3D08 (Expo Hall, Level 3). Lybeer will also discuss how leading retailers today are using innovative technology to meet consumer demand for mobile-enhanced shopping, personalized offers and integration across channels to deliver superior shopping experiences and earn a greater share of wallet.
NCR surveyed leading global retailers and hundreds of shoppers in the United States, Canada, France, the United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, Spain, Sweden and Italy as part of the research.In addition to attending Chris Lybeer’s presentation, more information about the survey can be obtained by visiting the NCR booth (#2007) during the National Retail Federation Big Show. About NCR Corporation NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, hospitality, gaming, public sector, telecom carrier and equipment organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR ( www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries. Follow us on Twitter: @NCRCorporation, @careersatncr Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ncrcorp Connect with us on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/ncrgroup Watch us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/ncrcorporation NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV