LAS VEGAS, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, January 8-11, Royal Philips Electronics (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) announces Philips Lifeline GoSafe, a new mobile personal emergency response system (PERs), designed to help seniors get more out of life. Philips' latest innovation provides a unique combination of fall detection capabilities along with a suite of locating technologies and two-way cellular voice communication to help provide users the confidence to continue doing the activities they enjoy knowing they have access to help if they need it.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/philips-introduces-mobile-innovation-to-its-personal-emergency-response-system-technology-185947732.html
Building on Lifeline's more than 38 years of experience in empowering seniors, GoSafe incorporates many of Philips' trusted features and expands PERs functionality beyond the home, providing users access to the Philips Lifeline Response Center 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
"Philips Lifeline's legacy is built around helping seniors age with grace and independence," said Rob Goudswaard, senior director of Product and Service Programs for Philips Home Monitoring. "Our intention is that GoSafe will provide users with the confidence to get back to activities or go to places they have scaled back on, knowing that help is easily accessible."Philips Lifeline is redefining the PERs category and changing the way people think about aging. GoSafe provides a number of advantages, including:
- Widely adopted AutoAlert fall detection capabilities that can automatically detect a fall and place a call for help if it detects a fall and the user is unable to push the GoSafe button
- Two-way cellular voice communication
- Use of up to seven user-locating technologies designed to help identify the user's location in a variety of situations
- A single, attractive, easy to wear, waterproof button. The button is all the user needs to access help while at home or on the go
- A power-efficient design that allows up to seven days between charges, and a senior-friendly charging cradle that allows the GoSafe help button to be worn even while charging
- System pairing with an in-home communicator to maximize performance, redundancy and reliability
- Offered by Philips Lifeline, an FDA registered medical device manufacturer
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts