Nominations Open Until March 4 For First Platts Global Metals Awards
LONDON, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nominations are now being accepted for the inaugural 2013 Platts Global Metals Awards which recognize corporate and individual excellence in nearly a dozen performance categories, announced Platts, a leading global provider of metals, energy and petrochemicals information and host of the program. All nominations must be received by March 4, 2013.
"The Awards program recognizes outstanding thought leadership, operational management, innovation and other attributes demonstrated by the metals and mining industries – industries that are so vital to the world's economic growth," said Patsy Wurster, director of Platts strategic media and organizer of the Platts Global Metals Awards. "The honors program is modeled after the well-established and respected Platts Global Energy Awards, which just completed its 14th year."
The 2013 Platts Global Metals Awards will be bestowed on individuals and companies for exemplary vision, technology innovation and industry leadership. Eligible for nomination are companies doing business in, or in close association with, the metals industry. Nominations may be submitted by companies themselves, their clients, vendors or industry associates.
The awards categories are:
- Chief Executive Officer of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Financial Deal of the Year
- End-User Efficiency Initiative of the Year
- Innovative Technology of the Year
- Industry Leadership Award for:
- Raw Materials & Mining
- Scrap & Recycling
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV