LONDON, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nominations are now being accepted for the inaugural 2013 Platts Global Metals Awards which recognize corporate and individual excellence in nearly a dozen performance categories, announced Platts, a leading global provider of metals, energy and petrochemicals information and host of the program. All nominations must be received by March 4, 2013.
"The Awards program recognizes outstanding thought leadership, operational management, innovation and other attributes demonstrated by the metals and mining industries – industries that are so vital to the world's economic growth," said Patsy Wurster, director of Platts strategic media and organizer of the Platts Global Metals Awards. "The honors program is modeled after the well-established and respected Platts Global Energy Awards, which just completed its 14th year."
The 2013 Platts Global Metals Awards will be bestowed on individuals and companies for exemplary vision, technology innovation and industry leadership. Eligible for nomination are companies doing business in, or in close association with, the metals industry. Nominations may be submitted by companies themselves, their clients, vendors or industry associates.
The awards categories are:
- Chief Executive Officer of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Financial Deal of the Year
- End-User Efficiency Initiative of the Year
- Innovative Technology of the Year
Industry Leadership Award for:
- Raw Materials & Mining
- Scrap & Recycling
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV