This latest study adds to the clinical evidence supporting the prophylactic use of FEIBA, building on an investigator initiated study showing that FEIBA can reduce bleeding events in patients with severe hemophilia A and inhibitors when compared to on-demand treatment (results published in The New England Journal of Medicine in November 2011).
''One of the greatest remaining challenges in the management of hemophilia is the development of inhibitors, which can lead to more difficult-to-control and sometimes life-threatening bleeding. The FEIBA NF prophylaxis study demonstrates Baxter’s dedication to providing treatment options to the hemophilia community, including effective inhibitor management,'' said Prof. Hartmut J. Ehrlich, M.D., vice president of global research and development in Baxter’s BioScience business.
About FEIBA NF
FEIBA NF is not indicated for prophylaxis use in the United States. Canada, The Netherlands, Israel, Australia/New Zealand, Japan and South Korea also do not have a prophylaxis indication.Indications for FEIBA NF In the U.S., FEIBA NF [Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex] is indicated for the control of spontaneous bleeding episodes or to cover surgical interventions in hemophilia A and hemophilia B patients with inhibitors. Clinical experience suggests that patients with a Factor VIII inhibitor titer of less than five Bethesda Units (B.U.) may be successfully treated with Antihemophilic Factor. Patients with titers ranging between 5 and 10 B.U. may either be treated with Antihemophilic Factor or FEIBA NF. Cases with Factor VIII inhibitor titers greater than 10 B.U. have generally been refractory to treatment with Antihemophilic Factor. Inadequate response to treatment may result from an abnormal platelet count or impaired platelet function that were present before treatment with FEIBA NF, Nanofiltered and Vapor Heated. Detailed Important Risk Information for FEIBA NF Thrombotic and thromboembolic events have been reported during postmarketing surveillance following infusion of FEIBA VH or FEIBA NF, particularly following the administration of high doses and/or in patients with thrombotic risk factors. The use of FEIBA NF is contraindicated:
- In patients who have known anaphylactic or severe hypersensitivity reactions to the product.
- In patients who are known to have a normal coagulation mechanism.
- For the treatment of bleeding episodes resulting from coagulation factor. deficiencies in the absence of inhibitors to coagulation factor VIII or coagulation factor IX.
- In patients with significant signs of disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC).
- In patients with acute thrombosis or embolism (including myocardial infarction).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV