Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE: TPC), a leading civil and building construction company, today announced that its Florida building subsidiary, James A. Cummings, Inc., was honored recently with an Eagle Award by the Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc. for construction of the Orlando VA Medical Center Central Energy Plant (CEP). The Eagle Award is part of ABC’s Excellence in Construction Awards competition which honors the most prestigious construction projects in Central Florida. The CEP won for “Industrial” projects in the $20M to $50M range.
The Central Energy Plant is a $42 million, 52,000-square-foot facility that supports the new VA Medical Complex in Lake Nona, FL. The plant provides a multitude of services to the hospital and other campus facilities, including power, emergency power, chilled water, steam and water. The building was designed and constructed to meet mission-critical blast rating criteria and houses very sophisticated equipment, including eight emergency generators with a total of 20,000 kW prime and standby power, five centrifugal chillers and related cooling towers with a total 8,000-ton capacity; three 750-hp fire‐tube boilers, a two‐million gallon water storage tank, and a 208,000-gallon underground fuel storage system. The CEP was designed and built to meet sustainability objectives as part of the overall VA Medical Complex, which is registered as LEED™ Silver.
About Tutor Perini Corporation
Tutor Perini Corporation is a leading civil and building construction company offering diversified general contracting and design-build services to private clients and public agencies throughout the world. We have provided construction services since 1894 and have established a strong reputation within our markets by executing large complex projects on time and within budget while adhering to strict quality control measures.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV