Ambarella, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMBA), a leading developer of low-power, HD video compression and image processing semiconductors, today introduced the A7L-A family of automotive camera System on Chip (SoCs) and reference designs. The new A7L-A reference designs enable full 1080p30 HD single and dual-view camera configurations, supporting video recording through the front windshield as well as through the rear window or inside the vehicle. The A7L-A’s combination of Wide Dynamic Range (WDR), smart auto exposure, and full-resolution over-sampling provide excellent image quality allowing the capture of license plates and other details, even in low light conditions. The SoCs include a high speed 700MHz ARM CPU to support advanced analytics algorithms including a Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS).
“With the introduction of our new A7L-A SoC family, Ambarella further strengthens our position in the fast growing automotive after-market,” said Fermi Wang, president & CEO of Ambarella. “Combining full HD dual-view recording with outstanding video quality, the A7L-A family will inspire the next generation of advanced automotive cameras.”
The A7L-A SoCs require no external DRAM, enabling low cost board designs and supporting the development of compact camera form factors. Fabricated in advanced 32nm process technology, the SoCs have very low power consumption, a requirement for thermally challenged windshield-mounted devices. The A7L-A reference designs and Software Development Kit (SDK) include complete camera recording applications and support a wide range of CMOS sensors.
A7L-A Feature Summary
- Single stream video encoding up to 8MP @ 30fps or dual stream encoding up to 1080p30.
- Dual-view camera option supports full HD encoding from dual windshield/cab sensors or via a cable from a rear window-mounted second camera module.
- Over-sampling imaging takes advantage of the full sensor original size for sharpest image, best low-light sensitivity, and widest Field of View (FOV).
- Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) and High Dynamic Range (HDR) options deliver improved video clarity in high-contrast lighting conditions.
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) technology combines lane change detection with visual or audio driver alerts.
- Integrated DRAM simplifies design for small camera form factors and low cost four layer boards.
- A rich set of interfaces allows for compact designs and support for USB 2.0, HDMI®, and SDXC SD™ card.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV